Forum

Weather in Montana

Weather in Montana

by Jane Hohmann -
Number of replies: 1

I live in Montana, where we really enjoy summer because it seems so short to us.  The temperature can get up to 90 or 100, but many times there is a breeze.  We live in the high desert, so not much rain.  We enjoy rain in the summer, as it reduces the risk of wildfires.  We have 4 seasons here, although sometimes they seem rather mixed up.  Summer doesn't usually begin in earnest until Summer Solstice, and fall begins around Autumn Equinox. Winter lasts long, but the past few years has only been problematic in February and March. All weather inconvenience is overshadowed by the beautiful scenery which we enjoy every day!

In reply to Jane Hohmann

Re: Weather in Montana

by Susan Zeter -
I live in Belgrade, Montana. It is interesting to me, even though we are only six miles from Bozeman, how different the weather is: temperature; precipitation. Bozeman is closer to the mountains so it gets more precipitaton than Belgrade. It follows, the temperatures are usually hotter in Belgrade due to the fact we are on a plain. Due to this fact, It is better not to live in a home that faces the rising sun in the morning and the setting sun in the evening. Because my home has that West/East equation, the temperature on our deck in summer can be 10 to 20 degrees higher than the predicted daily temp. For example, during our hot spell mid-summer, some days it gets up to a sweltering 104 degrees on our back deck!  It does not cool off until around 10 or 11 p.m. at night. Even so, I agree with you. The beauty and freshness here in Montana outweigh the weather inconveniences.