Getting the Most Out of Your SU Online Experience
A Summit University online course is more than just a learning experience; it is a transformational experience. Through studying the material and actively participating in the exercises, you have the opportunity to transcend your current state of consciousness and experience deep healing and growth at many levels of being.
Many courses in the world challenge us at a mental level and teach us at the level of what we can experience with our five senses. This is where a lot of learning stops—but at SU this is just the beginning. When you study the material in an SU online course, you can experience both academic learning and inner learning—which happens at an inner level of being that you may or may not be consciously aware of.
Transformative learning requires that you do something we like to call "ENGAGE." How do you do this? The following tips can help you make the most of your SU online experience.
ENGAGE in your SU Online Experience
- STUDY the material presented. Don't just simply read and listen to the teachings in the course. Even though there isn't a test, study as if there will be one at the end of every unit. Try to make connections between the things you are learning and your everyday life.
- REFLECT in your journaling exercises on what you have learned through. You can think about these exercises as short essays that only you will read. These exercises will challenge you to see how much of the teaching you have assimilated and give you the opportunity to truly reflect on how these teachings apply to your everyday life.
- SING the songs. We have included many songs in this course because songs bring you into a state of devotion and love—a place in your heart where you will be receptive to the higher truths in the teachings that you will be studying. Songs are also a great way to pour out your love to the ascended masters, which helps in strengthening your connection to them.
- TAKE TIME for the meditation exercises. The greater state of peace in your mind and feeling world that results from meditation will help you make a deeper connection to your Higher Self and better assimilate the materials taught in the course.
- INVOKE LIGHT through the affirmations and decrees. Many audio clips of affirmations and decrees have been included throughout the course for you to give, and we encourage you to give as many decrees as you are able. By invoking light, you give the ascended masters energy to use to help transform your life. For a suggested list of decrees that you can give while taking this course, see the Suggested Decrees and Devotions section.
- ACT on what you learn in this course. Throughout the course you may be inspired to change things in your life. Don't wait! Take what you study and use it to transform yourself and the world around you.
Ultimately, It's Up to You!
This SU online introductory unit will be what you make of it. The more you put into the unit, the greater the possibility of experiencing personal transformation. Consider this unit to be a cosmic experiment where you can try new things and learn from the effects. Enjoy yourself, have fun, and make the most of this SU online experience!